Thursday, September 5, 2013

Crock Pot Lasagna



Crock Pot Lasagna.

I fully expected it to come out fine in the middle with crunchy dry noodles along the sides.  

Not so!  It was perfect.  And easy.  And in a crock pot. 

You know I love everything about that.

Here's what you need:
1 box lasagna noodles - uncooked.
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I used sauce I had canned this summer)

Combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan and egg together.  In the interest of honesty, I just eyeball these measurements.  You can add some salt & pepper to taste as well.

Also, if your sauce is thick (like mine), add a little water to thin it down a bit.  Maybe 1/4 of the jar.

Now, just start layering:
A layer of sauce
A layer of dry noodles
A layer of cottage cheese
A layer of dry noodles
and keep going until you end with noodles and cover them with sauce.

I cooked it on low for four hours.  I threw a little more mozzarella on top of it during the last hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment