Saturday, August 25, 2012

"My Love" by Joanne Clancy

****
Is there such a thing as love at first sight? Can love be measured?

My Love by Joanne Clancy is a collection of essays about life, love and dating.
The book discusses different definitions of love, from coming to terms with the reality of love to the importance of giving and generosity and thoughts on the death of a loved one.
The book has ideas on how to woo a woman and how to make a man fall in love. The importance of humour in a dating relationship and how to work on a happy balance while dating is also discussed.

There is a section on first date tips and internet dating.
The last part of the book deals with how to realise when a relationship is over and when it is time to move on with your life. There are some helpful tips on how to start over and how to prepare for dating by dating yourself.
My Love is a beautiful collection of love and life experiences.


So for a book of essays, I auctally read the whole book, which is saying something for me. I love books that puts me in someone else's eyes. Take me to a different time, place, era, or world and you got me, as long as you can write to keep up with my imagination, its not hard. My Love was okay. I'm not a real sappy, mushy person, but I do read sappy, mushy books. Not my favorite but I have read some amazing ones. When I got this book, I assumed it would be another one of the author's stories...But it was refreshing. Nice and happy feelings. Good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment