Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Hereafter" by Tara Hudson


*****

Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but "will" him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, "Hereafter" is a sensation you won't want to miss.

Okay before I begin. I went to Highschool with the author of this book and I am telling all of you now that I did NOT give her 5 stars because of that reason. You must read it to find out why I did give her 5 stars... On to review...
O...M...G... Total awesome story. I could NOT put the book down so, ya'll know me, I read it in about 5 hours. Total different approach to the paranormal romances. Completely original thinking and a fantastic working into the "Hereafter". Lead characters are interesting and mysterious and absolutely beautifully described. The story line held my attention till the end. Incredible characters (bad guys and good guys) I am itching to get my hands on her next in the series...June....... And would make an AMAZING MOVIE!!! Now all that said...Amazing Job Tara!!!!! (Sorry it took me so long to read it)

No comments:

Post a Comment