Sunday, February 5, 2012

"The Vengeful Vampire" by Marissa Farrar (e-book)

**
    It is the year 1898, the year of the Spanish-American War, and Sebastian Bandores is aboard a ship, returning home to Spain. After serving his country, he hopes only to be reunited with his wife and young daughter after two years separation.
    But someone else is waiting for Sebastian at the port, a vampire. As her obsession with Sebastian grows, so both his mortal life and that of his family is threatened.
    Okay just realized this is a 4,000 word short story that leads in the direction of bigger books, I do have to comment that it was just to short to be really entertainings. It could have been longer with better descriptions. It seemed to me it was a rush to get it written. I think it could have been better and alot more entertaining if the author would have taken her time. I will read her next book, there will be my judgement-after I read the first in these books.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Stephani. The short story was written as a freebie promo for the vampire 'Serenity' series. If you'd like a free copy of the first novel, Alone, you can head to Red Hot Readers on facebook. If you look under their give away tab and then romance, you can get your free copy there. Thanks again for the mention - they're always appreciated. Marissa.
    https://www.facebook.com/RedHotReaders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa,
      I added them on Facebook. I am itching to read Alone. Only there is not a giveaways tab through mobile, where I do all my reviews and such. The reason why, my computers charger burnt out. Let me know if you know another way. Once the snow melts, I may head over to my mother in laws to use her computer. Thank you for the comment. I am new to the whole book reviews, I've read all my life and last year alone I read hundreds. I will review and post about Alone. Thanks again
      ~Stephani

      Delete